Wednesday, May 13, 2009

IMPACT OF EDUATION

'Education' is the word that has got many perceptions.In my view 'EDUCATION' is nothing but God's advent to one's mind. Education can be acquired not only from schools but also from experiences.Of course, schools,colleges,etc gives academic level education.But I think it is not enough to meet problems in life.Simply bookish knowledge doesn't represent the entire quality of a person.Owing to scored highest marks,one may get attention.But he is bound to prove he has good knowledge or education in practical life.



Anyway,education can change one's attittude.The present world is highly competitive in acquiring knowledge.But we should think that there are millions of students (having below 14 years old) who is lacking education in India.



When I was at College,I had attended a 5- day NGO training programme in Wayanad.

(WSSS-Wayanad Social Service Society is that NGO).The NGO authorities told they were sending 5-10% students from the tribes of Wayanad for higher studies such as B.Sc(Nursing) at Banglore.They were happy to say that WSSS made a change in education levels of tribes in Wayanad.

I agree..that might be correct.



I enquired the WSSS officials about the men who got status with the help of education offered by WSSS. I asked them what are their (Tribes having education) contribution to their family groups or native place. The reply from WSSS made me little bit sad. the reply was that

the educated tribes were being gone to other countries with family and they were not interested to return back to their tribal area.



I am sure that education saved a family there.But why do they reluctant to save a

society?



"The Question remains unanswered for me"

.........................................................................................Jaseem........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment